1 Corinthians 9:24-27 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
In these few verses the Apostle Paul uses the comparison of the Christian life to that of an athletic competition. His emphasis is on the need for the Christian to possess self-discipline.
In exemplifying self-discipline to RUN TO WIN one must be willing to be:
- RESOLUTE in your Pursuit —
v.26 Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.
- Know what you have signed up for
- Focus on your goal
- Strive to reach your goal at all times and at all costs
- Remain Faithful, do not wavier
- Maintain a Champion Mindset
1 Corinthians 15:58 . . .Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord forasmuch as you know your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
- UPHOLD your Beliefs –
v.27 I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
- Defend your faith, stand up against opposition
- Don’t fear, declare whose side you are on
- Practice what you preach
- Maintain a strong conviction to what you are preaching
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- NOURISH your Body –
v.25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training
- Establish a healthy diet
- Strict Training – Build Up the Body with healthy and wholesome food
- Daily nutrition of the Word of God
- Daily nutrition of Prayer
- Daily nutrition of Worship of the Father
- Strict Training necessitates routine exercise
Philippians 1:29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him.
RUN TO WIN! Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.